Insects are everywhere, of course, more prevalent out in rural areas, but they can be in towns and cities too. The reason most insects will bite or sting is because of defense or like with bees to leave a scent that others can find if you are getting too close to a hive.
The reaction you have is not to the sting or the bite but to the venom it injects. We are all different and will react differently to this toxin. Any insect is capable of causing severe reactions in some people.
However, most people will have a common reaction that is nothing more than annoying and painful for a time. A normal reaction to a bee sting is to experience a stinging sharp pain, then a consistent pain with itchiness, redness, and swelling.
Pain will last for a few hours and sometimes diminish slowly for 3-4 days, it then should disappear.
A bee sting is normally not a medical emergency, but sometimes it can be.
If any of the following happens keep an eye out for problems
- Stung in the eye
- Stung in the inside of your mouth
- Multiple stings
- Stung inside of your nose
Visit us at https://brands-list.com
If any of these following problems happen then seek medical care immediately
- Difficulty breathing
- Hives on another part of body from where stung
- Severe swelling at the bee sting site
- Tongue swelling
- Sudden severe nausea
- Sudden server dizziness
- Slurred speech
- Sudden collapse
People are allergic to bee venom and they can die. I had two severe reactions to a bee sting when I was overseas. It only took about 60 seconds and I was out cold on the ground and barely breathing. Luckily both times 911 was called and they came quickly. This is known as anaphylactic shock and you can die from it.
Herbal remedies do not work on all people in the same way; one may work for your best friend and not at all for you. You need to explore and learn what works for you.
Home remedies for insect bite:
- First thing you need to do is to take out the stinger. It used to be that you were told to gently remove the stinger as you do not want to squeeze the toxin into your sting spot before you get it out. But this is not supported. Now the advice is to take the stinger out by any means available and do it quickly. When I used to work in the Emergency room they used credit cards to slide the stinger out, or you can use fingers or tweezers.Then take the time to wash it.
- Mud – When my kids were young i would put mud on the stinger area and it always seemed to help.
- Ice – I realize it is not glamorous but if you have it, use it, it is wonderful and works
- Toothpaste – Works quite well, not sure why but if you do not have ice try that
- Papaya slices – Contains paipan which aids in relieving the symptoms of bee stings. It is also in meat tenderizer so you can try that also
- Crushed Plantain leaves, make a poultice and lay it over the bite covering it with a cloth for 30 minutes
- Onion – Some people say to lay a slice of fresh cut onion on it and it will draw out the bee poison, but it never worked for me
- Jewel weed – This stops poison ivy and oat really well, so do not see why it would not work on a bee sting. Macerate or crush the leaves and lay them onto the sting
- Apply Aloe Vera – Great for healing
- Parsley – Crush fresh parsley and apply to wound
- Basil – Crush fresh basil leaves and apply to sting site
Insect bite Poultice
- 1 tablespoon echinacea root tincture – Removes toxins and fights infection
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 1/8 teaspoon lavender essential oil – Stops itching and soothes reducing swelling
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
Mix the echinacea, water, and lavender. Slowly add the clay until it is muddy-looking. You can test it by applying a small spot to your skin to see if it will stick. If it does place on a bee sting and covers lightly. Store the unused amount of poultice in a tight container adding water when needed.