Gifs are attention-grabbing files that can be used for many reasons. Sometimes you have a gif but you want to add text to gif but without any tool or website that provides this service, you cannot do that on your own easily. If you are looking how to add text to a gif, then you are at right place. Here, you will find some website from where you can add text to animated gifs easily.
How to Add Animated Text to GIF
This website lets you add text to you animated gifs. Follow below steps how can you use this website to add caption to gif
- Open ezif.com and click on the add text option from the menu bar
- Now upload the image to the website. You can directly upload the gif file or you can open with the gif URL
- When done, you will find a box on right side of the screen to add text. Add the text there that you want to write.
- There are some options, like the font selection and time etc. Set all according to your need
- Now scroll down to the last and click on create a gif.
- That’s it, your gif with text is ready
You can write text with this website frame by frame. Also, you can set the time when a gif will appear. Keep in mind while using this website that you can upload only files that are not larger than 35mb.
This is one of the best website that allows you to add animated text to gif. With this website, you can add moving text and images, resize and crop a gif, edit start and end time of gif and change the speed of a gif. Find below steps to add words to gif with this website
- Open gifntext.com
- Add the URL of the Gif or directly upload from your device
- Next, click on the text option on the left of the screen.
- A box will open, add the text you want to write on the gif
- Choose the font of the text
- When done, click play to check
- For moving text, check the box frame and play the gif
- When it is playing, drag the text in the direction you want
- Now play again the gif. Moving text is added
You can upload a file of up to 100mb here. Also, you can set the time of text when it will appear or disappear.
This is another website from where you can add animated text to your gifs. You can resize your gif and change playing speed with this website. Here is how to use this.
- Open online-image-editor.com
- Upload a gif file using the URL of the gif or you can directly upload if you gif in your device.
- Now find add text option and click on it
- A text box will open on the left side of the screen, write the text there
- Choose the fonts size, style, and stroke etc.
- Drag and position the text where you want it to show and click on the apply option.
- That’s it. Your new gif will be ready to download in a few seconds.
Online-image-editor allows you to add any file type and also you can make that file gif while it is uploading.
This website is very easy to use. You can easily upload a gif or any other image file format to make changes in that. Below are the steps you need to follow to add text on the animated Gif
- Open gifgif.com
- Upload gif file via URL or directly
- Click on add text option
- A box will open to where you need to add text
- Select the font and other options that you want to use
- Then click on the add text option
- Your gif file is ready to download.
These are the 4 best websites that let you add the text on gifs. You can use any of these but gifntext.com is a bit better as there you can easily add the moving text. Also, it allows you to upload files of up to 100mb. So, check by your own and use the one which looks good to you.
Adding Text Using Photoshop to GIF
There is one more way to add text to gif. That is Photoshop. Using Photoshop you can also add text to gif file. Follow the below mentioned steps to add text to gif using Photoshop.
- Open the gif you want to add text in Photoshop
- A set of layers will open in the right side panel
- Now select “Windows” and then “Timeline”. It will show the sequence of images that is required to access the animation
- Select the first layer or if you want text to appear later, you can select any other layer
- Next, select the “Text” option from the left side of screen and add the text
- You can also change the font size and style from the options at the top
- Now to check is it working or not, click on timeline and then on the frame and finally hit spacebar
- You can save your gif now. For that, click on “File” then on “Save for web”
- Edited gif will be saved to your computer
With this method, you can easily add text on your gif. Keep in mind to select the correct layers to start with.